We’re all familiar with the marketing machine that is the Super Bowl. Have you ever considered taking a page out of the big Super Bowl marketing playbook, scaling it back, and adapting it to your own event marketing practices?
These companies spend billions of dollars for agencies to create and execute all these clever ideas. All these ideas are part of their overall event marketing strategy. Remember, the Super Bowl, for all the hype, is still a sporting event.
It’s more than worth the evening spent watching the Super Bowl to get a billion dollar tutorial in marketing and advertising, wouldn’t you agree?
I found a couple great articles that talk about Super Bowl marketing and advertising, and they give insight into the evolution of big brand ad budgets, as well as techniques we can adopt when creating our own event marketing campaigns.
Super Bowl Marketing and Advertising Articles
When reviewing all the hoopla and dollars spent on Super Bowl marketing, read between the lines. There are event marketing lessons to be learned for every small business, such as
- The necessity (and benefits) of being socially connected during an event.
- The value of viral marketing and storytelling.
- Pouring money into one marketing campaign doesn’t always translate into immediate sales, but can still add tremendous value to your brand.
Think outside the box when watching the Super Bowl. Go beyond the surface of entertainment and watch with an entrepreneur’s eye. Dig a bit deeper into the marketing magic and implement a few ideas, courtesy of the monstrosity that is the Super Bowl marketing machine!
Miss Kemya is a Marketing & Social Media Strategist at Phisco Marketing, a marketing consulting firm that facilitates the growth of small businesses through conventional marketing techniques merged with social media tactics. She is a Speaker, Trainer, and the best selling author of "I'm On Social Media, Now What Do I Say?" available on Amazon.com.
Now at Amazon.com
Free Blogger Goodies
Browse This Site
Search the blog…
- 5 Ways to Use Social Media to Build Your Email List
- How to Use Social Media to Build Your Credibility
- Use Your Expertise To Build An Ebook Empire
- The Difference Between Long Tail Keywords and Short Tail Keywords
- How To Increase Your Blog Traffic Using Keyword Phrases
Archives by Month
Browse the Site
Follow Miss Kemya
Find Us on Facebook